Saturday, November 15, 2008

More beds to make...

Greetings Blog Friends! :)

The day has come, the time has arrived, the boy is here!

On Tuesday, 11-11-08, at 2:58 a.m....Little Mister Maid was born. He was an 8 pound, 10 oz miracle boy with lots of dark hair and a cute little chubby face. He was born in the comforts of home (born and comfort don't belong in the same sentence, however.) by a very talented and wonderful midwife and friend. We chose a name that means "Man of Prayer" or "Full of goodness"...and have already given him a nickname! :) He is wonderful!

Woohoo!

We are absolutely blessed and grateful for God's precious gift and look forward to watching him grow up into a spectacular little man! Thank you to all of my friends in blogworld who have been thinking of and praying for us!

Next, let me just say how extremely grateful I am that all of this birthing stuff is OVER! :) We have moved on to the recovery phase. (Which sounds like a homicide investigation doesn't it? You move from rescue to "recovery"... when loosely translated means looking for bodies not survivors.) Well, that is where we are at now. Trying to sum up the collateral damage that has been done to my body! LOL

It is curious that mom's can forget the pain and discomfort and all of the little symptoms and annoyances of pregnancy and birth...and opt to do it again. I have done that so many times before! But something changed in my heart, soul, mind and spirit this time. I do NOT want to do it again. I am fully aware and fully experiencing all of those little pesky aches, pains, and just plain nuisances that are associated with the before, during, and after of childbirth.

Not to mention the frustration of being mentally willing and able to do something that your body is too pooped to do. I confess that 24 hours after giving birth I was walking through Target with the Butler...getting newbie his very own fresh, new carseat and stroller. Can I get a giant slap across the face right now? Duh. (This is where I would be telling all of my friends..."You just gave birth woman...go home and rest. " Not smart!) Yep. I stood there checking out at the register and began to realize that I am not a young chick anymore and I needed to go home and stay home...for at least a week! LOL.

And might I also mention that trading in a nice round, firm pregnant belly for the flabby mess of mom-tummy...not so much fun. I mean, I envisioned morphing into the supermodel body of my dreams, as sort of a reward for carrying the precious life I just birthed. I mean fair is fair, right? But no such luck. It will be months, maybe years, before I can wear a bathing suit...or anything that isn't black...again. (Good thing you all know how much I love black.)

In the end, however, it is all so extremely worth it. As I look at my precious boy, and marvel at his perfect features, his sweet temperament, and his God-given ability to know how to nurse like a pro when he was just minutes old...I am reminded of the sanctity of human lives...little or big, white or black, perfect or flawed, wanted or unwanted. If only every baby would have someone to look into their eyes and promise to love and protect them...they deserve it! Thankfully this boy made the journey from the womb to the world, when there are so many that don't. God is good, and this Maid and Butler are so very grateful!

11 comments:

Happy Mommy said...

Congratulations on your new baby boy! God is so good and you are very blessed!

Would it be ok to look you up on Facebook? We have a friend in common. Let me know.

Happy Saturday!

Chris H said...

Welcome to the world wee man, may it be fillled with joy and happiness... love and all the best to all of you!

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Congrats, girl!

Betty said...

Congratulations!! I so wish to see a picture of your precious little one! Maybe soon?
I´m glad for you that this part is over and hope you "recover" well!

Anonymous said...

ooooooh!!!! I am SO JEALOUS!!! I so love babies! And little kids... and not so little kids... and... even... big shocker... even teens... well, sometimes. They are mighty fun to tease.

Congratulations to you! And don't worry about that tummy! It served its purpose well. Join with me in praying that the mom body will be the new supermodel body in our lifetime... and, for me, that cankles will be cool. It could happen, no?

Jessie said...

Hey Becky! So happy for you guys! I miss seeing you and reading your blog. You are an amazing woman and I'm glad you're back! :)

Of course, take as much time as you need. I'll be patiently waiting for your latest installment. :)

Marcy Massura said...

Welcome to the world little guy. You have the best maid service ever.

:)

Hischild said...

Oh, I am SO out of touch!! Darn!
Congrats to you all and you MUST leave him at least once in the church nursery before he is 7 mos old so I can rock him!
Looking forward to seeing you both soon.

Bogart said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That is so very cool.

Happy Recovery and stuff.

Brenda said...

Congratulations on your precious little miracle! We rejoice with you! What a fun season of life. I miss that new baby smell. Inhale extra deeply for me. Blessings and peace in this season of transition. Maybe his days and nights be quickly recognized!! :)

WILLIAM said...

Congratulations.