Friday, September 12, 2008

Questions for you?

1) Why is it that the minute the sheets are clean or the toilets are scrubbed, someone pees the bed or barfs in the toilet?

2) Why is it that the minute I buy something that I have been needing or wanting to buy, it goes on sale the next day? And when will I learn to save receipts and make my returns promptly?

3) Why is it that the idea of pregnancy is so much more fun than actually going through it?

4) Why is it that I can look at my kids and love them even with boogers, but someone else's perfectly spotless child gets on my last nerve?

5) Why is it that daily devotionals, daily story-reading to my kids, and daily family mealtimes so often get replaced with McDonald's, reality tv, and a glimpse through a magazine?

6) Why is it that so often when you get what you want, you find out it isn't really what you wanted?

7) Why is it that even though it is not humanly possibly, each year we long to create a perfect Norman Rockwell Christmas?

8) Why is it that we always want what we can't have? (i.e. - snow in Arizona at Christmas!)

9) Why is it that no matter how much money we make, it is never enough?

10) Why is it that I can be out of the house for 8 hours and never once have to go pee, but the minute I walk through the door of my bathroom I nearly wet myself trying to unbutton my pants?

11) Why is it that even though I am not naive, I want to believe what people tell me?

12) Why is it that the first and last bite of something always taste the best?

13) Why is it that no matter how careful we are, we seem to always have vegetables to throw away when we clean out the fridge?

14) Why is it that even though I know I won't use them, I still cut coupons?

15) Why is it that the laundry is never done?

These are the things that are rattling around the Maid brain today.

What questions do you have?

10 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Along the lines of #1...I beg my family to keep things clean-ish for the first few hours after I clean them. Don't cook on the stove (dumb, but splatters are inevitable) and don't put your paws on the sliding glass door and DON'T take off your shoes after playing in the sandy playground after I've mopped the floor. These things get cleaned twice a month...can I ask that they STAY CLEAN for just a few hours so I can enjoy them? Please???

Happy Mommy said...

Why do I paint my nails only to have them smudge minutes later when a child needs thier behind wiped....

Why do I make a dozen cookies when we will eat 5...

Why oh why is the laundry never done...

Why is it every time I find a food at the store that I love they no longer make it a month later...

I am trying to fix the issue with my blog hope you can read it now!

April said...

Why is it that the stuff that is bad for you tastes the best?

Why is it that my kids can not communicate with one another using inside voices?

Why do I never rememeber to check the kids pockets before I throw their clothes in the washer and dryer?

Why can't someone come up with something that gets hot, melted gum out clothes?

Why do they even make markers that are not washable anymore?

And what are people thinking when they buy markers that are not washable?

for a different kind of girl said...

Wow, you covered most of mine. I swear to you, that first one is nothing but true. The very night I change sheets on my youngest's bed, he wets it later that night. Clean sheets are like Pavlov's dog for him!

Chris H said...

Questions? I have millions... why do I have millions?

Happy Mommy said...

My blog is back up and running without pink and brown everywhere. Seems as if I posted too many pictures in a post and it blotched the whole thing up...
So please come visit, I've been playing with the computer.

Bogart said...

I can only help you with #4...and the answer comes from one of my favorite TV shows, Scrubs...

The answer is "because they are yours."

Unknown said...

I found your blog through Katie's. I have been a "lurker" for awhile now. :)
You totally read my mind. I just logged on today and saw that you did a post exactly like the one I did last Friday!
Why is it you ask? Well, I tend to think that it is just my luck!
Blessings...

Betty said...

Just wanted to let you know, that I "bestowed" you an award. I miss your writing, and love when you come up in my reader!

Crayl said...

I found you through Happy Mommy.
Why is it some of the best possible blog material can't be written because that person reads my blog! AHHH!