Monday, September 8, 2008

To All the Blogs I've loved before...well, almost.

Dear Happy Mommy...

Hello blog friend. I wanted to address you in a quick post because for some time now, I cannot read your blog. Every time I go to your site, it pulls it up and then goes straight to your background fabric. I cannot read the content of your page. I have tried from my home computer as well as our laptop, and I don't know why I can't see it. :)

I wanted you to know that I have tried to come visit, but for some reason cannot. ??
Let me know if others' are having a problem too.

The Sad Mommy,
The Maid

**********************
Dear Bunch of Bullers...

Haven't seen anything new in a while, and haven't had a comment or email from you in fo-e-va.
Are you still alive? Or are you trapped under something heavy and cannot get on the computer?
Since I can't get out to Tennessee to make sure no more runaway cars have encroached on your property and maybe struck you or your muffins in a ditch, please check in with me.

Deeply concerned,
The Maid

***********************
Dear Queen April...

Please. Slow. Down. I cannot post as often as you...and you are starting to make me look bad...especially to all the Bunco babes who might actually read us both. LOL

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to see a comment from you again. After all, you are the one who got me started on the whole "comments are crack for the blogger" thing.

Eating your dust,
The Maid

************************

Dear Bogart...

I know that you are busy running all over the country with your cookie-baking bride-to-be, but haven't seen you lately either. Do I offend? I mean I showered just yesterday.

And when are you going to get married already? Inquiring minds want to know.

Married misery loves company,
The Maid

PS - If the butler reads this comment...I am not miserable...it was a joke.

*************************

Dear EplusT...

Quit reading books and tell us another funny story. Like the time you thought you gained 10 pounds and must be dying...only to find out it was your scale malfunctioning.

Turning on the tv now to be less like Jesus,
The Maid

**************************

Dear Julia (My bloomin' life)...

Your last post (over a month ago) suggested that you had four ticks on you...that you were tired...and that you had some health issues. Are you okay? I mean, the ticks alone would have sent me over the edge. I hope you are not neglecting your chickens too.

Worried,
The Maid

*************************

Dear Poop and Boogies (William)...

I am pretty sure that the reason you have not stopped by lately is that you are still flirting with the geriatric sample giver at Costco...when you have a minute to visit me, leave me a comment...even if just to tell me what aisle the honey was on...if not, well, I will tell you where to put your 5lb can of honey, honey.

Sincerely,
The Maid

****************************

Dear Coffee Bean...

I know that you recently started a political blog, and it must be so time consuming, but if I can come and get sucked into almost daily political debates (snore) with your bloggy friends, and actually enjoy it, then you can come by and leave a computer kiss. I mean, you have become the ambassador to the bloggy nation. :) (Smile and wave, elbow - elbow...wrist - wrist...)

Conventions are over...come on down,
The Maid

*******************************

Dear Almost Paradise...

Blog. More. Often.

I enjoy your writing...even if it is sometimes about American Idol...and your professed love for the one who "brought chubby back."

Requesting more of you, in a good way,
The Maid

**********************************

Dear Malinda...

You are awesome. One of the few homeschooling parents I know that actually seems to enjoy it as much as your kids do. When you are not busy being supermom, superteacher, and superprayerwarrior...stop by and visit. (If you can peel yourself off of facebook.) LOL

Inspired by you,
The Maid

***********************************

Dear Katie...

What can I say about you...how about you make me some muffins or something and deliver? I mean, since I am not inclined to actually cook for my family, and since you are organized enough to have everything done on time...well, bring. me. muffins. or cookies.

Okay, I'd settle for the occasional comment.

Super pathetic comment seeking,
The Maid

**************************************

Dear THE REST OF YOU....

Well, what are you waiting for. Leave me a comment.

What you say? You need a topic? Okay, answer this:

"How many pairs of underwear do you own? And is it enough?"

That ought to be interesting.

So not washing YOUR underwear,
The Maid

**********************

Oh, and Dear Chris at Diet Coke Rocks...

I recently read a post about your new underwear, where you actually took photos of them all pretty and neatly laid out on the bed...so I know I could go find the photo and figure out the answer myself, but humor me and answer the question if you dare. :) LOL

Hope your fanny is fantastic now. And that you are all settled after the move.

The Maid

15 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

Ha! Um, I have plenty, but it never seems like enough, especially if I've been a bit lax in doing laundry!

Chris H said...

Ahhh Becky you are funny! Thanks for giving me a mention....
to answer your questions...
- I have 42 pairs of knickers!!!!
- Me fanny is FANTASTIC now... still 'running it in'...ha ha bloody ha!
- And I am thrilled to bits with our new home, and I am slowly getting everything out of boxes... I actually made a SPACE in the garage today!
AHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh...

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

My undie drawer would be just like chris's I'm afraid... lots n lots... time to throw some out i think.... I have some old favs that are thinning quite badly... haha

Happy Mommy said...

Do you have dial up? I know the back ground takes a few minutes to go away after the site loads. But if you go to google and get a google reader (to help you read the blogs you love) not back ground comes up! Thanks for mentioning me, I have missed you!

April said...

I have no idea how many pairs of knickers I have, I have never counted them. But there are quite a few. Bras too. I love bras. Yeah. I'm weird.

Marcy Massura said...

This is a great post idea!
I am not offended AT ALL that a note was not left for me...ha ha ha

bunchofbull-ers! said...

No, I am not stuck under any pill-popping pap-paw's wayard auto...just 'covered-up' with marriage,
parenting,
back to school (do you feel honored to know the NEW PTO secretary....yes, I'm making my mark here, fo sho!),
chickens (gathering almost 20 a day!),
AWANA (teaching 3rd/4th graders), soccer (asst. coach), and
laundry up to my eye-balls!

Sorry, I have been lurking, but not commenting. I will not be responsible for feeding your habbit...LOL.

Missin' ya'll!

Also, I have had that same thing happen to me with Happy Mommy's blog. Then one day it just all came back up again. Weird?!

Blessings.

Kelly

Creative-Type Dad said...

2 pairs.
1 for today, and one for tomorrow.

Bogart said...

Wow...my presence has been missed. I feel flattered.

I am back in VA and should be back to normal reading patterns.

Thanks for thinking of me.

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Have I not been commenting? I think I've been reading you from Bloglines...sorry!!!

And I have 6 pair of underwear. No joke. I do laundry twice a week, so why would I need more??? I'm all about simplicity. 6 pair of underwear, 8 pair of socks, 2 pair of jeans - yes, I'm boring. I finally threw out all of the others and was too cheap to replace them all.

E+T=M5 said...

Ok, you are sooo funny! I just read this. Ok already...I will blog something funny after our trip to CA. I'm sure we will do something stupid!

Brenda said...

April!! I have been thinking about you with that little crumb cruncher cooking away in your womb. How is pregnancy treating you? The underwear question is a painful one because no matter how many new pairs I own I always veer back to the old, tired, stretched out ones that your mom told you never to wear because you may get into a car accident. What is that about? Hope you are feeling well

Desmond Jones said...

Hi, Becky

Caught yer comment on Different Kind of Girl's blog. It seems we share the distinction of being Bloggers Who Are Parents of Eight. Nice to know we're not the only lunatics, uh, busy parents in blog-space. Stop by and visit sometime. . .

Anonymous said...

PEEL myself off facebook...no its more like PRY myself off....I am stuck like glue girlfriend! Someone do an intervention, please? LOL!

Love you girl! Thanks for the note above! I love your blog. It makes me laugh.

When is the baby due? Did I see your eldest son has a facebook page? I am almost afraid to ask...is he in high school already?

HOLY COW~!

BIG HUGS TO YOU AND ALL THE FAMILY!

Little Mama said...

Hey Becky,

Forget the ticks. Now we're talkin' ovarian cysts and gall stones. Fun stuff. Give me the ticks. Naw, not really. Totally grossed me out.

Having surgery, Lord willing, sometime in February to remove the cyst and the gallbladder . . . all on the same day. I think I'd rather have a baby. Not really. That's something that would hang around for another 20 years.

Haven't been blogging lots lately. HOpe to start again soon.

Love,

Julia
My Bloomin' Life

P.S. Congrats on the baby. Not only am I months behind in posting, I am months behind in reading. Jeesh.