Monday, September 7, 2009

On a lighter note...

Now I have seen everything....

While on a drive with my hubby to the ghetto of our metropolis (it was for his 2nd job)...I sat patiently while he entered a CVS pharmacy. The usual creepy things were in place...the "we prosecute shoplifters" sign, the random and ubiquitous spray painted gang symbols, the "no backpacks...leave your backpack with the cashier" sign, and the exciting declaration..."We now sell bread!" Woo hoo. Because when I need a loaf, I am running to this pharmacy...instead of the 24 hour grocery store by my house. ??? (I guess if you are rolling with your homies on a drive by, it could be convenient...but whatever.)

But this....THIS...my friends was a diamond in the rough...and dang it if I didn't take a picture...because I am pretty sure that I could have had my five minutes of fame on Leno with it....

"Milwaukees Best....30 cans....$12.99" and strategically placed in bold lettering these precious words....

"FAMILY PACK"


Yep. I am afraid it is a Labor Day all time low when you gather the kids around the BBQ, inflate the bounce house, and bask in the triple digit heat....and all the while you AND the kids...share a cold one.

(What a great country we live in.)


And secondly....in case you were wondering...as I lay sick over this long weekend...unable to bounce, BBQ, and bust open a brewski....I got word of an upcoming show. One that we all might want to take a look at. Ready?

"Amish Gone Wild."

Not even joking.

It made me wonder...how wild is wild...when you are Amish.

Maybe some upcoming episodes in the works....

"Jedadiah risks jail time...by actually plugging in the Amish made fireplace." (You know you have seen those commercials. Heck, how many of you have actually ordered one...that is what I want to know?)

Or could it be this wild...

"Jakob defiles his family name...by finishing high school! Gasp!"

Or maybe the next episode would focus on the notorious Amish family and their excommunication from the Amish society....because the hubby decided to take off the hat and shave his beard...and his wayward wife dennounced quilting.


I'm sure that for the season finale...the entire Amish village goes out and buys insurance, and the village matriarch throws away the original friendship bread.

I know. I can't wait for the series either. I will be popping some corn and pulling up a piece of couch for that one.

Honestly, at this rate...anything is better than John and Kate plus 8.

Have a good week friends!
Happy Labor Day!

The Maid

Disclaimer: NO disprespect intended to families who drink beer together, those who live near the CVS in the ghetto, bread seeking homies on a drive by, and of course the Amish. Who I deeply respect but don't come near understanding. Farm on Jedidiah.

4 comments:

Sandra in Phx said...

OK, there is a point at which Amish youth are asked to make a decision about whether they want to be apart of the Amish community or if they want to leave. They spend a certain amount of time away from their families in the real world. And they DO go wild. I saw some documentary on it...oh dear, does that tell you how lame MY life is?! LOL

Sandra in Phx said...

Oh, and by the way, why didn't you stop by my house while you were in the ghetto?!

The Maid said...

I'm sorry, why, were you out of beer?

"Intentionally Katie" said...

You were in rare form for this post, Becky! Hilarious. And if they only knew that the recipe for the friendship bread starter is online (they would need a computer to know this...) some poor Amish wife might REALLY go wild!