Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Now we are intimate friends....

Newsflash: I am busy. And uninspired. Therefore, I log on to facebook occassionally (read: every day more than once a day) to read about the uninspired things that other people are doing. (Laundry, school, "Oh, look at me, I just ran a marathon." Whatever.)

So, someone on Facebook tagged me to write 25 random things about me - and I thought..."Oooh, a lame, uninspired "filler" for my blog." So here it is:

25 Random things about the Maid: (This should hold you over until I get off of facebook long enough to find my list of 101 things in 1001 days! Wink.)

1) It took me more than twenty minutes to figure out how to do this. (Facebook is a mystery and tool of wonder.)

2) I have a Bachelors degree.

3) I pity the person who thinks they are better at Tetris than me.

4) If I wasn't pregnant or nursing a baby most of my life, I still probably wouldn't drink often. I don't hold my alcohol well, it makes me feel sick...and I don't like the taste of most of it. Margaritas and fluffy girl drinks are about my speed. (One at a time)

5) In light of number four, I'd rather eat my calories than drink them...alas the chocolate cake butt that I have carried around for at least 16 years. (Can I blame the teenager?)

6) I may or may not have gone pee in a parking lot of a hotel in my youth.

7) If it wasn't judgemental to say it, I would say that I hate judgemental people. I think that biblical discernment that you use in making your choices is one thing, but judging other people based upon their behavior or circumstances or even their appearance is LAME! I wish I was more like Jesus in accepting and seeking out the people that were different than myself and that needed His love the most!

8) I have been judged more than once. They were wrong.

9) I am the only child my mom had...that is why she made me have 8 grandkids for her. LOL

10) I don't ever want to be pregnant again.

11) I don't know how to cook. Really. I hate it.

12) I love going on dates with my husband. Especially when we have an adult babysitting and we can really relax.

13) Number 12 happens about once or twice a year.

14) I love listening to my 2 year old talk. He is amazing. And wild. And crazy. And funny. And a huge hazard to my health. (Did I mention he is wild?)

15) I don't like vegetables that have been cooked. (Unless they are in a crockpot with a roast...then they are yummy because they taste like meat.)

16) Every time I shop for groceries, I end up throwing something away. I hate that. (It is usually a vegetable.)

17) I have been told by my mom and my husband that I "have no compassion" when my kids get hurt. I wish they understood something about me - that it is how I cope...if I see that someone is hurt, I get scared and start thinking about the worst case scenario. When they turn out to be okay, well I am truly glad and relieved that they are okay, but then I get mad at them for being stupid enough to get hurt and making me worry. Make sense? (See, I really am a good mom. LOL)

18) I want to move where there is snow and rain along with the deadly, scorching, horrible heat we live with. Okay, I could live without the deadly heat.

19) I have lost 250 pounds. Unfortunately it has been the same 10 pounds 25 times.

20) I think that stretchy denim is one of the best modern inventions. (Read number 19)

21) I wish that Obama was not signing Pro-Choice documents and using tax-payer dollars to fund abortions.

22) I hate it when celebrities decide to play politics.

23) There is nothing quite so wonderful as clean sheets on your bed after taking a hot shower and putting on your pjs.

24) I want to get my master's degree and teach.

25) It truly is a sad day when you realize how fast time is passing you by and you have not accomplished all that you dream about. That being said...let's get off of facebook (computer/blogging) and get busy!

3 comments:

Betty said...

I missed you!
And I just did this 25 things too on my facebook. I guess it´s really getting around...

Chris H said...

I can relate to lots in your list, but No 17 the most! I think I am even worse than you.. cos when I hear a kid scream I yell right back at them "There better be bloody or you are in trouble"!!! No heart... none at all. But then I too have raised 8 kids.. going on for 30 years now! too long, far too long.

Bogart said...

I might give you a run for your money at Tetris...although, I have not played in 10 years.