Monday, January 12, 2009

Tattling

Have I ever mentioned before how much I hate tattling?

Just a couple of things I have heard today:

1) "Mom, _________ just told me she is going to fart on my bed."

My loving reply, "well at least you aren't in it, honey."

2) "_______ just picked her nose and ate it."

My response, "good, now I don't have to feed her dinner."


And as I ponder the day I have had, I can't help but pray for the future spouses of these delicate little flowers, these ladies. (And I use the term loosely.) And I might just throw a prayer up to heaven for myself...because somewhere in this house are the boogers that didn't get eaten. (I think I just threw up in my mouth.)

Sigh.

7 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Dude. Don't get me started on tattling. If I hear "Mommmmmmm-meeeeeeeeeee!" one more time from the backseat...someone's gettin' hurt.

"She's lookin' out my window!"

"He's touching my drink!"

"She's smiling at me!"

Do they sell backseat wall dividers, by chance?

Chris H said...

Parenthood is NOT all it's cracked up to be eh?
When mine come to me telling tales I just say
"Tell someone who cares" !

Or

"this better be good, or you are in trouble for being a tell-tale"

Sandra in Phx said...

Hey Becky, check under the bathroom rug...seems a lot of things get put under there...tee hee hee

mamalotsoftots said...

hahahahaahahahhhh. Oh my gosh. This was hilarious. :D Sounds soo much like my little brood.
Thanks for the laugh and a reminder that I'm not the only one in this position of "MOM" :D :D

~Sarah

Unknown said...

Really, Sandra? Did you have to remind me about that bathroom rug? LOL! Ewwwww.....

Good luck on that booger hunt. Kids are so lovely, aren't they? Mine are just entering the tattling ages, it is my least favorite thing these days.

RMOMROX said...

We just had the 'booger' talk yesterday! My darling little flower completely grossed out her older sister by eating a booger. (We all threw up in our mouths, just a little.) However, I had to remind oldest daughter that while she was making such a huge deal about how gross her sister was, she had just as gross a habit and at least I won't find her little sister's boogers smeared all over the walls. Yep, that was soooo gross! LOL!

Bogart said...

You gotta think that the "Dutch Oven" won't be a deal breaker then!