Monday, November 23, 2009

Safety first...or second, or at least third.

Hello bloggers, stalkers, lurkers, friends, Romans, countrymen...

I have a question. A few actually. And, well, here is my dilemma. I don't even know if anyone is actually reading this.

1) Is there anyone out there anymore?

2) Should I close up shop and just grab a pen and start a diary?

3) How do I go from Blah-g...to BLOG! (As my friend would say...I don't want to be a blahg anymore.) I can't post often, but when I do, I want people to WANT to read it. ;)

4) Is it safe to post photos? Even if I disguise the real names and all...is it safe?

So there....I want to come out of hiding. (Well, at least with photos of my kids.)

I know so many bloggers who have proudly displayed photos of the kids and family stuff..and well, I want to join in and show off my precious peeps.

Oh, and the occasional funny picture, well, I have some doozies.

So...let me know what y'all think. Be honest.

:) The Maid

PS - If you are a sicko and want to see pictures for all the wrong reasons...go google something terminal and come down with it. I don't want you here. Just sayin.

2 comments:

chandy said...

I'm reading :)

I have pictures and names on my blog (obviously). I certainly considered the pros and cons, but feel safe enough. We've never had any issues with stalkers or anything. Now and then I'll glance at the stats for my blog to see how people are getting to it, and 95% of my searches are for birthday cakes, so that seems harmless enough to me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maid!!!

I've been a bad blogger for... about six months. Oy... ya just go through ebbs and flows with it, ya know? I definitely think you should hang in there.

I do not post identifiable pictures on my blog or our real names. I did not post our real names on my first blog but I did post pictures of our faces. That was a mistake. It's not the complete strangers all across the world you need to worry about. It is those people on the fringes of your life... E-mail me and I'll give you the details if you are interested. I am friends with some bloggers on facebook that I've never met in person that I felt comfortable enough with doing so... and they can see the pictures of all of us on there. You just need to be careful.

And... Happy Thanksgiving!!!