Monday, June 30, 2008

Barfy McBarfington

I know you all are dying to know about the weekend, but let me just tell you that it ended prematurely with an early morning phone call...sickness had struck...and we had to get the kids.

Ever since we got home on Sunday, we have had sick people. Me, baby, hubby was sick on Saturday at the conference, and my 6 yo daughter was sick this morning too. AAAHHHHH!

Can I just tell you all that I am SO sick of sick people. Myself included.

We have all had the flu at least 10 times (not exaggerating) since November. This has been the worst year we have ever had for this sort of thing (Knock on wood)...and I would love to know what we are doing wrong.

What the heck is causing the repeated bouts of this stuff? We take vitamins. We keep things clean enough around here...not perfect, but not overbleached. We should still be leaving room for the healthy bacteria here.

What is going on?

And have I told all of you that I am not the most compassionate person when people are sick? You know, I think it is that germ thing. I don't want to get any on me...so, "um, I'm sorry you are sick, but stay away from me" is kind of my mantra. I don't like that I am that way, I just am. It is not that I don't care, it is that I get really uncomfortable.

At this point, if anyone knows of a Mr. Clean magic eraser for the gastrointestinal system, or maybe some liquid bleach like stuff that will microclean our insides...would you let me know? SOS pads for the colon? Clorox wands for the "lower east side"?

Lastly, does anyone have any barf cleaning tips that will allow one to clean up this dreaded stuff without heaving and gagging yourself? Because I am on the verge of needing to permanently clothespin my sniffer.

I am beginning to think we have some major parasites, and I am not referring to the 7 kids.

Calgon, take me away.

The Maid

14 comments:

Happy Mommy said...

Oh Becky I am so sorry about your family, and that your weekend away was cut short!
Listen if you put vicks under your nose like on your upper lip you won't smell the barf and it makes it easier to clean. I also take a paper towel inside a Walmart bag and turn it inside out as I scoop up the yuck, that way I never have to touch a thing.
Try and open the windows real early in the morning let some fresh air in, that helps.

April said...

Oh Bex! I am so sorry! The throw ups are exhausting. And disgusting. I don't do well with those. Hope you guys are feeling better soon! We have Bunco Monday! You can't miss that!

for a different kind of girl said...

This past fall/winter was the sickest period in my house in a long time. It was a constant stream (so to speak!) of sickness. And I just can't deal with the vomit. I can't even make a valient effort, which made the fact my husband had to leave for business the first day one of the boys got sick deathly to me! Then I was exhausted by all the washing and cleaning, trying to kill the lingering germs.

I hope everyone gets to feeling better sooner, and that it doesn't decide to reappear just when you think you're in the clear!

Betty said...

Well I guess that´s one good thing about having an empty "nest"... no vomit to clean... oh how I miss those days! I never thought I would say that! But I am sorry you have been going through such a tough time. Hope you all get better soon! And then you should do-over your weekend away!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Celine as a roid encrusted butt hole? What a great thought!!

Hallie :)

Unknown said...

OH NO...that sucks...I am sorry...hope you all feel better soon!

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Ew. I hate vomit. With any other sickness, it's relatively contained but EW! I hate the aftermath of vomit!!! Deepest sympathies...really.

kristen s said...

You know what? I had to leave a comment because my family just had this, the whole family had it on John and Kate plus 8, and Queen April just recently had the Cholera, so I'm thinking there's some new computer virus that actually gives you a real one. I mean, I don't know if the lovely family on John and Kate plus 8 spends much time on the computer, but it's certainly possible. A new form of terrorism??? Hmmmmm....

Sorry to hear that your weekend was shot to heck. There's nothing worse than a whole family with the pukes. Our glorious bout started out at Target, where my 3 year old downed half of a bright red icee before reporting "I'm gonna barf!" and then did so all over my brand new shoes that totally matched my outfit. I also learned at that moment that people will look at you in complete and utter disgust if your kid upchucks red icee and they have the misfortune of looking at it. Thank goodness the rest of us managed to get home before succumbing to the puke bug.

The bright side of it all (at least for me) is the temporary 5 pound weight loss that comes with depleting your body of its fluids. Ah yes, one of life's simple pleasures.

At least now you know your misery had lots of company. Feel better!

bunchofbull-ers! said...

Don't you have enough bathrooms in your house to lock them each into one....Just kiddin', but tempting huh?!

Call Tonya. She told me she loves cleaning up other peoples barf. Really.

Praying for a speedy recovery.

Bogart said...

That is awful to hear.

I have been battling my 3rd cold since I moved (October) and I was complaining since I NEVER get sick...guess I need to keep my mouth shut and things in perspective.

Sweet and Salty said...

sheesh!!! that's awful! I wish I had a solution for you, but with my three kids, once one of them is sick, they play "tag-team" for months, passing it around.

kimmy said...

Sorry to hear about all the misery in your house. Wish I had some tips for you...I'll just send some positive thoughts instead!

Hope you feel better soon!

Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Youch! Are y'all still in pukey McPuke Town?

Anonymous said...

Well... you left a comment on my blog... so I know you survived!