Monday, June 23, 2008

That's how I blogroll...

Blogging is a cruel, cruel world.


You are on a blogroll one minute, and axed from it the next.


Sorry dear Thirsty Pretzel, I'm No Belle, and Bunco friend.


If you don't update for a month (I hope you are still alive Amy)

...or if I don't personally know you and you don't update for 3 weeks (Whatevah Scarlett)

...or if I never get comments from you and I'm not on your blogroll either (Sweet Bunco friend)


Well, you may now exit the runway.


To all the blogs I've loved before:


You are not exempt either. I'm fickle. And it's my blog and I will snuff out your torch without taking a vote.


So who is on my blogroll?

Well...friends that I know and who often comment. Friends who don't comment as much as I wish they would...and friends that begged me to put them there. (Just kidding girlie...I was glad to do it.)


I've also included links to people I don't know, but who have passed the "can my kid read this" test.

There are so many more out there that I would like to share with you all, but if I were to do that...well, I'm afraid of the stormtroopers that would one day come looking for those haunting images on my computer. (Uh hum, Hallie. I've seen truth on your blog that Jack Nicholson couldn't handle.) And I love Hallie. She is the friend in high school that all of the nerdy (Maid) girls wanted to hang out with, but had to lie to their mother about. Oh, and she probably had cigarettes in her purse. She does, after all, show us girls parts of the world wide web that we had only heard urban legends about. I wish I was the free spirit that is the Wonderful World of Wieners. (Disclaimer: if you are under the age of 18, please get your parents permission before going to this or any other blog site.)

The others on my blogroll are either mutual admiration societies (Love me some Happy Mommy and Bogart)...we read, we comment, and I don't like to miss a day....OR, someone on whom we have a bloggy crush...or wish we were invited to their bounce houses in the back yard because they are that cool. (Poop and Boogies)

Oh, and one more category...the sistah hood...the girls that have your back. Some you know, some you don't. Some you feel like you know because you are in their business daily. You would mail them their favorite Starbucks or a pregnancy test because you want that for them too...or you would stop, drop, and pray for their needs. (And sometimes do!)

It's a curious thing, this little blogmall. With the click of the mouse I can window shop (lurker), stop in and buy something (commenter), or have a frequent shopper card (blogroll em).

Thanks to all of you who are a part of my blogmall...strolling the shops with me, trying on shoes with me and telling me which ones to buy, and those of you who publicly declare that you go to the mall with me...and say "Hey, you oughtta know this girl...she's the bomb shizz" as my 15 year old son so often says. (I guess "the bomb" just isn't cool enough anymore. )

Oh, and if ever you want me to add you to my blogroll...well, let me know. I will email you an application...and as soon as I receive your processing fee, we'll be in business. (Just kidding...I can't be bought...unless you count brownies, comments, or hyperlinks!)

Have a great week, and let me know if you have any great blogsites to check out. I have shopped all over this dang mall, and sometimes only your friends can tell you about the bargain basement or the screamin' deals! :)

The Maid-shizz (You know, I hope that is not slang for a swear word??? Son??)

18 comments:

Marcy Massura said...

I can't believe I am on your "maid and Butler to meet" blog roll list! I am so darn thrilled. First I would like to thank the acadamy...oh, wait- that is a totally different speech....I love your blog. Really I do. Someday we will meet. And we will laugh and laugh...we will laugh until we pee our pants, just a little. I can't wait.

for a different kind of girl said...

This was funny. I never thought about it in terms of window shopping and buying! I must admit, my blog roll is invicible, so to speak. I had a former reader/commenter who turned out to be less than stellar. He also stalked people on blog rolls, and I wanted to spare any of my innocent bystanders his eventual garbage.

So now, I add the blogs I enjoy into my Reader, and make a habit to keep up with them, commenting when I can, extending the idea that they can come visit me sometime, too. For the most part, I am kid friendly/mom approved!

bunchofbull-ers! said...

Good way to put it! I hope that I am atleast a part of the 'Sistah Hood'?! My blog is pretty lame at times, but I got your back. And I have cute kid pics!! In fact I found some pics of you.....hmmmm, maybe I'll just have a post on The Maid.......Muuhahahahahahaha.

Love ya ;O)

kimmy said...

My husband will do the same thing when the windows are rolled up in the car and then he will lock them! I am a prisoner to the smell! MEN!!!!

Kimmy

Bogart said...

Honored to be there...just wondering if I am part of the "mutual admiration societies" or the "bloggy crush". I mean, I know I am cute...

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I know who I am on your list...so I'll leave a comment. I know you wish I'd comment more...or maybe I'm being presumptuous. Maybe you don't care what I have to say? I mean really, what value am I even adding in this comment right here? NONE!

See - that's why I don't comment all the time. I save up my brain cells and wait for something cleavor to pop up.

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Did I just say "cleaver?" I meant clever. Geez...I can't even be clever TALKING about being clever...

April said...

Thought I'd better leave a comment to avoid the risk of being banished from Becky-Land. You are The Sushi. Fo-shizzle.

Chris H said...

Chick, I don't give a shit if I'm on your blogroll or not... I update mine once in a blue moon... if I comment on your blog it's cos I want to not cos I'm on a blogroll.... whatever.... you are cool and I will read ya... no matter what!

WILLIAM said...

I lurk.

I too like Bogart and I miss Scarlette.

Unknown said...

that hallie should come with a warning sticker ;)

kimmy said...

Just to let you know that I may be blogging a little more sporadically now that the kids are home from school. Hopefully, I can to it at least a few times a week. Although, having them home from school should provide me with ample stories to blog about!

Kimmy

Happy Mommy said...

I am so glad to be part of your blogroll! Girl I'm with you if you don't post Goodbye! If you don't like me enough to even check out my blog, Goodbye!

And I so want to go shopping and buy some shoes together, Kelly sent me some awesome flip flops we need to take her with us!

Sandra in Phx said...

OK, I don't blog so I can't be on the blogroll:) I am not smart enough to blog.

You should check out www.pioneerwoman.com. I am addicted! LOL

E+T=M5 said...

hmm...what to say??? I'm speechless...imagine that!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hmmm well I would be gutted if I found out I wasnt on your blogroll... hahah.. as if I would ever friggin know..
Well you are on my bloglines list so I can lurk at my pleasure... But I choose to comment.. So there!

Sandra in Phx said...

Oops, it is www.thepioneerwoman.com

Little Mama said...

Dudette! I am so totally thankful to be on your blogroll! Sorry I've been slack about posting lately. It's summer, we're off from homeschool duty, and I'm totally into being LAZY as much as possible! It's better than CHOCOLATE! Will post something soon . . . when the lazies wear off . . . sometime soon.