Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm it! I'm it!

Seems I've been tagged by a couple of bloggers who want to know more about me....

Yeah, I don't get it either....lil ole me? What more do you need to know, I'm awesome. LOL

So...here goes:

Julia and her bloomin' life wanted me to play this one:

Cooking Meme:

When was the most recent time you were burned? Sadly, twas a curling iron not the stove. Um about two months ago.

Can you cook? Heavens no. I can assemble food...but cooking...not so much.

If yes, name your specialties: Costco Carnitas, Red Baron Pizza, Sam's Club pulled pork.

Do you enjoy cooking? NO! Hate it...hate cleaning...hate prepping...but oddly I love to feed people.

If no, do you want to be able to cook? I've often thought that I'd like to learn...but probably not or I would have done something about it. Hee Hee

What color is your kitchen? Ralph Lauren paint...wine color. Mocha cabinets with Black and copper granite. Oh, and an ever-so-lovely movie theater sticky floor.

Do you bake? Love to bake. Ask my friends...I'm Becky Homecky, Goddess of the Cream Horn.

If yes, do you like to bake? Yes, almost as much as I like sleeping. I said almost.

If no, do you want to bake? N/A

What color is your apron? Never wear one...have a bunch, but truth is...I don't own any clothes that are worth protecting. And with this skinnertube of mine that protrudes right at counter height, there just aren't enough aprons! Maybe cooking girdles will become popular.

**I tag Happy Mommy....(although I think I already know the answers little recipe sharer!)
Hallie @ Wonderful World of Wieners
Bunch of Bull-ers

****Meme #2 (Courtesy of Happy Mommy...thanks for waiting!):

The ABC's of me:

A. Attached or Single? Attached - The Butler and I have been together for 14 years...married 13 years this October 21st.


B. Best Friend? Probably hubby...or my mom! The people that have stayed the course with me...and I have a lot of fun with both of them.

C. Cake or Pie? Cake...of course with Whipped Cream Frosting! :)

D. Day of choice? Saturday...because if I really need to sleep in, I usually can. Hubby is the morning parent...I'm the Night Owl.

E. Essential item? Toilet paper. Sorry, I know that is very practical, but I go into panic mode when we start getting low. Oh, and I need me some hand sanitizer. Mascara would be a close second...I feel naked without it. (Now that we mention this...I'm thinking bra too...my girls don't have any get up and go...so I really NEED that little ditty.)

F. Favorite color? Purple...and black...and blue...I guess I'm kind of a bruise girl. (Without the yellow.)

G. Gummy Bears or Worms? Worms the sour kind.

H. Home town? I was an Army brat, so I don't really have one. Born in London, England, though. Pip pip...cheerio.

I. Favorite indulgence? Ice Cream (Amen Sister!)

J. January or July? January. I hate the summer months...where we live it is too darn hot. Without a pool, this city is a miserable place to spend July.

K. Kids? We have 7, but are currently expecting the 8th. Don't know if I want more, but I would consider adoption before I would consider pregnancy again myself.

L. Life isn't complete without? Diet Coke and crushed ice. (And maybe good Mexican food.)

M. Marriage Date? October 21, 1995

N. Number of brothers and sisters? I was an only child until mom remarried when I was 18 and my dad remarried and they had two girls when I was in high school...half sisters. But I still feel like an only...no real close siblings.

O. Oranges or Apples? Clementine oranges...yummo!

P. Phobia's? Death, spiders, snakes, scorpions, public restrooms, and germs in general.

Q. Quotes? "It is not a slight thing, when those who are so fresh from God, love us." Charles Dickens.

R. Reasons to smile? Salvation, Kids, Love...teeth, oh and not being on a diet.

S. Season of choice? Winter...the most reasonable of all seasons around here...and it usually only lasts about 3 days. :)

T. Tag 5 people. Everyone on my blogroll...consider yourself tagged. (Yes, April, that means you too. You are not too good for this dumb stuff.)

U. Unknown fact about me? I am secretly Wonder Woman. Oh, and read this. (Okay, really, I wanna be used by God in a HUGE way someday...I hope it means traveling, speaking, and talking to women all over the country!)

V. Vegetable? Sadly, the starchy ones. Or carrots.

W. Worst Habit? If you ask some people they would say swearing. (See last post...LOL) Physically, my really bad habits include nail biting (since I was five years old) and not excercising. Spiritually, they are not reading God's word enough and failing to pray for my family often enough.

X. Xray or ultrasound? Neither...unless I'm preggers then give me an ultrasound! ;)

Y. Your favorite food? Steak and baked potato. (Mexican food is a close second.)

Z. Zodiac sign? Sagittarius...not like I believe in that stuff. (My tarot cards said not to.)

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please let me know if you decided to play...leave me a comment so I can check...you...out. ;) I really like parties...the more the merrier...so PLAY with me.

The Meme-ing Maid.

9 comments:

April said...

Your creme horns are delish. I think that's when I knew I loved you. I'll play, it will be my next post.

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Well look at you - getting April to play along. Good for you! I already did the 50 things about me list...it's similar to this. And no one really cares about much else about me. :)

Happy Mommy said...

Yea! You did a great job! I will play tomorrow!

for a different kind of girl said...

How interesting you hate to cook, but love to bake! I love to do both, but go in spurts on my desire to do so. My dream job would be to be a personal chef.

bunchofbull-ers! said...

Yes you are Becky Homecky....fo shore! And I think I could've easily eaten all the cream horns displayed at every party....oh wait, maybe I did!?!
Thanks for the tag....I'll play too!
Hope you are feeling good. Are you gonna find out the sex?! Can't wait. Have I told you what a cute name Kelly is? Just checkin'!

Bogart said...

Cooked or raw carrots...I am down with the raw, but you cook 'em and I tap out.

I love me some Mexican. Too bad there is none in VA.

chandy said...

I've never filled one of those out before, but I was bored at lunch today, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Tarot cards say not to...ha ha :)

Genny said...

Love your reasons to smile!

Roland Hulme said...

Pip Pip, Cheerio! I love it.

I actually SAY Cheerio, which get me odd looks over hear.

Somebody thought it was hilarious to say 'frosted flake' to me as they left - because 'frosted flake' and 'cheerio' are both types of cereals, right?

Hilarious. It was on that day that I finally understood why New Jersey has such strict gun control laws.