Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Living on Eggshells

This will be my record for the shortest post ever.

My husband and I were in the car and were talking. He said something that made no sense (I can't even remember what it was now) and I began laughing at him (not with him) hysterically!

It was one of those laughs where if I had been slurping a diet coke at that moment, I would have definitely sprayed it out my nose.

But here is the classic part, dear bloggers, after I settled down and we almost had moved on to another topic, a look of horror came over his face. I didn't smell anything, so I knew it wasn't the Sea Captain (See I'm no Belle for an explanation).

Then he said the funny part: "Oh great, you're gonna blog this now, aren't you?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude, I don't get a paycheck for the work I do, I don't smoke or do drugs, and I don't even get to go pee in private...do you even have to ask? This is my reward: to seek and save and scribe the ridiculous nuances that make up my life! If I am entitled to anything, it is to be the family whistleblower, and no one is safe! (Mwaa haa haa...goes the evil laughter.)

I'm currently sleeping on the couch and interviewing bodyguards...this blogging stuff is dangerous business!

6 comments:

Marcy Massura said...

Those funny husbands...did you see my recent post about my husband? "Save it for the blog"...it is a phrase I hear alot around my house now!

FYI I am working on designing some black tees for Bloggy Couture....I am also a black girl- well you know what I mean

bunchofbull-ers! said...

I am convinced it is a disease now. It's called "ithinkicanmakeagreatblogreadwiththis"!!
Is there any help out there? Maybe chocolate dipped strawberries will cure it?! Or cream horns?
Heeeelp!
;O)

Bogart said...

That is called Blogitis...and you know you have a full blown case when you start thinking in blog.

Amy Beth said...

Yeah, I'll make some comment about something and my husband will say "You could blog that" sounding really helpful and encouraging but really I think he's mocking me.

Happy Mommy said...

Ooooh, I love to say I am gonna blog that! I love my blog, I love your blog too!

Kristen said...

That is too funny. My family is starting to feel the same way. You just wouldn't BELIEVE the stuff I DON'T blog about. The fodder is thick, my friend. But I want to continue to live with my family :D