Sunday, May 11, 2008

Not diggin' these smells...

Of course a short while after posting all of my favorite smells, I have been inundated with the rotten ones. The Maid is cleaning up big time right now, a lovely little spring flu.

For those of you who thought my good smells list was awkward, you might want to skip this one:


10) Sewer...there is a lovely and distinct smell outside Rubio's. It ain't the fish tacos people.

9) Rubber tire smell. (We had a flat changed this weekend at Costco...I can still smell the tire smell in my hair.)

9) Melting plastic. (Nicole's oven. It was Shannon's fault LOL)

8) Public restrooms. (Dude...90% of the time I would rather pee myself than use them.)

7) Guinea Pig cage. (We have the class pet this weekend. Spike doth stinketh.)

6) Rotten potatoes. (Ever played the "what's that smell in my pantry" game?)

5) Hard boiled eggs. (Especially the ones that were left in our van for 3 weeks after the Easter Egg hunt. Praise God they were in a plastic bag...but we still had to throw away the floor mats!)

4) Dentist Office. (It is clean and sterile and all, but the smell alone gives me gastro-intestinal problems if you know what I mean.)

3) Baked on body odor. (Ever been down wind of this guy?)

2) Leaky diaper, you know what I am talking about.

And the number one...least favorite smell....

1) Vomit.

I tell you this my friends, merely for pity. Here we are on Mother's day weekend and I have been caring for sick kids...3 out of 7 to be exact. The infant has only wanted "mama" and even sat on my lap as I went to the bathroom. (I don't know who to feel sorry for on that one.) We have washed more bedsheets and blankets than a reasonable person should wash in a lifetime, and I think I have gone through a case of wipies this weekend alone.

The 4 year old made it to the trash can, however there was still plenty to clean up...I won't tell you what color or what fluid it was.

And lastly, the 5 year old decided that these two shouldn't get all of the attention and made a trip or two to the trash can herself.

I can say right now that I am thankful for couch cushions that can be zipped off and thrown in the wash, dark carpet and tile, especially tile.

With 4 kids who aren't sick, I am afraid what I might wake up to.

Fearfully,
The Maid

5 comments:

Marcy Massura said...

Oh my gosh I feel so awful for you. Really...and on mothers day too??? Jeez you think they could have waited till tomorrow! Take care- they are lucky to have you....

Happy Mommy said...

I am so sorry your kids are sick! I am sure they will make up a special day for you later!
I also hate the smell of the Dentist office!

April said...

Oh Bex! I am so sorry your kids are sick. I hate dealing with the throw ups.

Rotten potato is the worst! I hate that smell! Not that I am a fan of any of the others. I am also not a fan of mildew. Yuck!

Hope your mother's day gets better! Love you girl!

bunchofbull-ers! said...

Okay, with my husband being outta town today and you having to deal with puke...I vote for Mother's Day next Sunday too! Whose with me on this one?! Please?!
Oh and I MISS Rubios too! When I come this summer we are gonna GO.OUT.TO.EAT.
Watch out Panda, Rubios, and Claim Jumper...here come the Bullers!
Im with you on these smells. The only thing I like about the dentist office is sitting back in the chair and getting "The Gas Mask". Oh yea babee....

chandy said...

So sorry about your sick kiddos...nothing worse than cleaning throw-up all day. I hope the rest of you stay healthy.

And the tire store? That made my good smell list! I love that place!